HK Builds His Nest

HK Builds His Nest

Saturday, December 20, 2014

December 19, 2014

I got an early start and arrived at Honey Bee about 8AM. But, I could not find any eagles! So, I left and grabbed a 7-11 coffee. I went and sat under the nest and HK was there! He moved some sticks around and took off.

He did return again with a long branch and deposited it in the rear of the nest. He worked for about three minutes and left through the back. No photos. He did not return.
I was not able to relocate any eagles so I left for a while to look for raptors in another location.
When I returned, I was with my friend, Jane. Right away, we saw an eagle in a cypress tree vocalizing. A second eagle landed next to this one: HK (left) and Sterling looking regal.

They flew down the river and landed together in the Osprey nest, so Jane and I drove over there. That's Sterling in the nest and HK beside her.

HK eventually left the tower, gave us a beautiful flyover, and disappeared.

We drove to the nest, hoping to see him there, but no one was at home. So, we called it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment