HK Builds His Nest

HK Builds His Nest

Thursday, May 7, 2015

HK reappears (with a different companion) 5.7.15.

Acting on a tip I received via my  Honey Beeagles Facebook page, I went to a new location on the North Landing River to try to locate HK or any Bald Eagle for that matter. As with all previous tips I have received this way, I was not disappointed.
Even with the terrible back lighting, I immediately saw a Bald Eagle perched in a pine tree. As the Eagle turned, I thought that I saw that it was banded with both silver and purple bands; so I was assuming HK (upper left). Then, out of the corner of my eye, I saw a second Eagle, also in the pine (lower right).

As I focused on what did turn out to be HK, he turned to leave. I think I would now know his face anywhere.

About 30 seconds after HK's departure, his companion also left. She (I assume a female) was apparently not banded.

No comments:

Post a Comment