HK Builds His Nest

HK Builds His Nest

Monday, February 20, 2017

HK, Sterling, and some visitors. 2.20.17

Another pretty exciting time at Honey Bee. I found both HK and Sterling together in the cell tower as I arrived. Sterling left first, and was followed promptly by HK.

 I relocated him close to the nest and he offered several portrait opportunities, which I enjoyed immensely.

I went searching for him but instead found an unbanded adult visitor on a tower close to the nest.

When this eagle flew towards the nest I got there in time to see this youngster attempt to land but was promptly driven out by HK I think. This was the closest I have ever been to an eagle in the wild.

When I turned my attention back to the nest, there was one in the nest (pictured) and one in the tree who I could not positively identify. I then left for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment