HK Builds His Nest

HK Builds His Nest

Friday, September 1, 2017

HK Is Seriously Injured

I was notified early this morning by my friend Rose Chandler, that  HK had been hit by a car outside Honey Bee Golf Club. HK was attempting to pick up a dead squirrel in the road. He was rescued by Rose, a licensed wildlife rehabilitator.  HK was then transported to a local veterinarian, his injuries evaluated, and then transferred to the Wildlife Center of Virginia in Waynesboro. I've been in touch with WCV and as I write this, HK is being evaluated by their team. I do know that he has a broken leg, injuries to both feet, congestion in the lungs, and some bleeding from the mouth and trachea, all consistent with an automobile collision. So, like you, I am anxiously awaiting an update from WCV.
The attached pictures are of HK and Rose, his rescuer at the scene this morning. Please join me on praying for the recovery of HK. Photos by Marie Carr.

 



1 comment:

  1. I just found out about this Pam. Praying for a speedy recovery and return to the wild.

    ReplyDelete