HK Builds His Nest

HK Builds His Nest

Sunday, February 2, 2014

HK and the Banded Female: January 31, 2014

I arrived in the Honey Bee area and found an eagle on the Osprey nest tower. I was so glad to see an eagle, any eagle, after being in the house for the last 3 days because of a snowstorm.

I parked the car and got out to walk, as the golf course was closed. I was careful to stay in the trees so as not to spook the eagle. I was concentrating very hard on not falling,  so I missed a second eagle arriving on the tower. Thankfully, I heard chattering and looked up. There was the second eagle. It was the Banded Female.

HK moved to the outside.

The Banded Female sat there for a bit.

Then she began inching closer.

She got so close to HK, they became almost one image from my angle. Looked like a 4 legged, 2 tailed Bald Eagle.

Then HK flew off.

The Banded Female just sat there, scratched her head, and looked bewildered.

HK had landed just across the street and down the fairway.

The Banded Female sat a bit longer then took off in another direction.

I lost track of both eagles for a bit, but found HK eventually in another tower closeby.
   
I left him there at 4:23pm.

1 comment:

  1. Great series Pam. It seems she was inviting HK to mate and he didn't pick up on the idea...

    ReplyDelete