HK Builds His Nest

HK Builds His Nest

Monday, October 6, 2014

HK at Rosemont Forest Elementary School 10.3.14.

It was about 4pm when I played a hunch on this beautiful afternoon, and drove to Rosemont Forest Elementary School. I have seen HK back behind the school many times but he is very hard to spot in the trees when they still have all their leaves. So, armed with my new lens, I left my car and walked out to the large field behind the school.
Surprisingly, I spotted him almost immediately. He was very high up in the trees. There were kids playing softball, so I took a chance and walked over to the fence next to the golf course. I slowly walked down the fence line to the North Landing River.
HK stayed put and I was able to get just about to the end of the school field.

Then, as I expected, he got restless.

And took off right towards me! It was an amazing experience and one I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment