HK Builds His Nest

HK Builds His Nest

Thursday, December 17, 2015

HK in the nest and elsewhere. 12.16.15.

It's no secret that I love to see HK in the nest he built at Honey Bee. He was right there when I went to Honey Bee this morning.

He had some food in there and spent over an hour eating a leisurely breakfast and popping up and looking around.

 At one point, a second eagle flew high overhead, and HK chattered a warning....or maybe a greeting?

Then, HK abruptly left. But, that's how I determined his identity!

I was immediately able to relocate him in a nearby tower.

He left there after just a few minutes.

HK flew up, up, and away. And I left for a bird count at Stumpy Lake, also hoping I might find him there. But I didn't.
I returned to Honey Bee on my way home, and there was an Eagle in the cell tower. I assumed it was HK also.

I watched for a while, but I had family obligations at home, so I left him there and snapped the last pic on my way out of the condo neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment