HK Builds His Nest

HK Builds His Nest

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

HK Goes Fishing

I am trying to get some early starts to my birding activities and this morning did not disappoint.  After seeing zero activity at HK's nest I went around to Ware Neck to see if anything was having breakfast. I saw that HK was in a tree on the opposite side of the water from the golf course. I guess he was in the fishing mode because almost immediately he took off right towards me!
In this photo, he has just flown under the power lines.

HK makes a turn.

 He seemed to hover over me.


 And dives on a fish...or part of a fish!

 This was my fav of the sequence though.

Then HK headed towards his nest but ending up dining alone on a tree on the golf course.

It was a VERY exciting morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment