HK Builds His Nest

HK Builds His Nest

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

HK and the Banded Female 9.9.14

I arrived at Honey Bee a little after 2:30 pm and found the Banded Female perched at the entrance. I messaged my friend, Jim Yanello to let him know she was here, if he was in the area, Of course he was, and he drove over.  We spent about 30 minutes with her.

Then she flew to a much used tree behind the maintenance shed. 

Jim and I chatted for a bit, then we drove over to the maintenance shed. I discovered HK was already there, camouflaged in a tree.

HK flew to another tree, right beside the Banded Female.

The Banded Female in tree next to HK.

Unfortunately, I was not at a good enough angle to get them in the same shot. And after another 20 minutes or so, they both flew and HK gave us a fantastic flyover.




No comments:

Post a Comment