HK Builds His Nest

HK Builds His Nest

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

HK Encounter on November 18, 2013

I got to Honey Bee earlier today. Just before 8am there was a heavy downpour of rain, that lasted about 10 minutes. The rain stopped quickly but the skies remained gray with some blue showing. 
I did find HK quickly though. He was sitting in a tree, drying his wings. 
He moved from one tree to the next, I guess trying to find a sunny perch.

 A juvenile Eagle flew by.

 Finally, HK flew to the Osprey nest, with a spectacular landing. This picture was taken using my SUV as a blind.

 He sat there for a bit.
Then, typical HK reaction to several people close by; he left. And.....so did I.
But, I came across two eagles in flight over a nearby neighborhood.  The older eagle (I assumed this was still HK) had something in its talons and the younger eagle (possibly the juvenile from earlier) was chasing it. Pretty cool stuff!






No comments:

Post a Comment