HK Builds His Nest

HK Builds His Nest

Saturday, November 23, 2013

HK in the sunshine and warm temperatures, November 22, 2013

HK spent a lazy two hours in the warm sunshine I was at Honey Bee today. He spent over an hour in the Osprey Nest. I spotted him in the Osprey nest as I was driving down S. Independence Blvd. I pulled up reasonably close so as not to spook him, again using my SUV as a blind. After an hour or so, two City of Virginia Beach Police cars pulled up behind me and an officer walked up. Of course, HK took off! The officer asked if that was an Eagle or an Osprey. He was very inquisitive and very nice. And.... he realized that he made HK fly and apologized! I explained that HK was a banded eagle, where he was from, etc. Not sure why two police cars had to check me out though!
Later, HK perched prettily in a tree viewable from Ware Neck and I spent some quality time with some wonderful nature lovers I have had the good fortune to meet in the last few months.

HK in Osprey Nest  
HK in Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment