HK Builds His Nest

HK Builds His Nest

Monday, January 19, 2015

A Ray of Sunshine: Sterling and HK, January 18, 2015

After a miserable day of pouring rain, the sun came out and I jumped in the car and sped to Honey Bee. I could see a Bald Eagle on the cell tower as I drove down Salem Road. The cell tower is located in a condo complex. Sterling likes to perch there. And no surprise, it was Sterling.

When no one showed up to feed her or keep her company after about 30 minutes, she left.

So, I drove around for a bit, trying to locate either her or HK.  I saw a Red-tailed Hawk perched close to the nest, but no eagles. I decided to call it a day and drove down S. Independence Blvd. There was HK, perched once again in a tree by the practice green at Honey Bee.

He gave me a great photo op for about 30 minutes, and then I decided to leave as the light was fading fast. Of course, as soon as my back was turned, he decided to lift off. But I caught him as he flew off into the night.


No comments:

Post a Comment