HK Builds His Nest

HK Builds His Nest

Friday, January 9, 2015

HK Breakfast Time! January 7, 2015.

I didn't see HK in the nest tree at first. My friend Barbara and I were talking and suddenly I spotted movement in the nest tree. HK was having a leisurely breakfast!

I am not sure what the entree was, but it was not a fish. Some fur was flying, so I suspect it was a squirrel. HK seems to have gotten quite good at hunting them recently.
The next few photos are just some different poses of HK finishing up his breakfast. If you don't like bloody stuff, don't scroll any further.

Finished breakfast!

Then HK hopped over into the nest and tidied up a bit!

This last photo shows nest size with HK barely visible on the right side.

The total encounter lasted about 20 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Pam, we checked again this evening to find your most recent post, and I'm sure HK does his father Dad Norfolk most proud! What a smashing nest! Here's hoping for some action to go along with it.

    Thanks again. You have no idea how often we look at your blog and how it connects us to what we love most in Virginia.

    Your NW Ohio fans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am SO happy you are enjoying it. I love Virginia too. My parents moved us here in 1966.

      Delete