HK Builds His Nest

HK Builds His Nest

Friday, January 16, 2015

HK and Sterling. January 15, 2015

I did not get to Honey Bee until late in the afternoon. At first, no Bald Eagles were visible. I sat in the golf course parking lot checking my messages and when I turned around to check the communication towers,  there was an Eagle in the one directly behind me.

I was unsure who this was, but determined when I reviewed the photos later, that it was Sterling.

She left abruptly. So, I drove around a bit and checked the nest. HK was there.

After HK flew, I walked out on the fairway, as the course was now closed. The nest from that angle is very impressive!

I decided to call it a day, but as I was driving down S. Independence, I spotted an Eagle perched in a tree by the clubhouse. HK again.

Then, HK flew down the river.

He didn't go far. He landed in a cypress tree beside a Great Blue Heron buddy. Good night, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment