HK Builds His Nest

HK Builds His Nest

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

HK at sunset 12.11.13

I had to get an eagle "fix' before my quick trip to Florida. I drove by HK's nest late in the afternoon. Empty. I drove through the neighborhood adjacent to Honey Bee and did get a distant glimpse of him through the trees. I stopped by the pro shop and he was perched across the river in his favorite cypress tree being mobbed by crows.

He flew very low across S. Independence Blvd. towards Rosemont Forest Elementary School. Since school had been dismissed for the day, I drove over there. I followed the noisy crows and found him perched in a tree on the golf course eating a fish. I guess he picked that up on his way over!

As I had been told by staff that the course was closed for the day, I drove around and parked on a side street and walked on the cart path until I came across HK in the same tree. He seemed to be enjoying the warmth of the sunset.  I took his photo and left him there at 4:49pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment