HK Builds His Nest

HK Builds His Nest

Sunday, December 1, 2013

HK on the North Landing River. December 1, 2013.

It's hard to believe but it has been 2 whole years since I first saw HK behind the clubhouse at Honey Bee Golf Club. I am looking through my photo archives to find a then and now comparison.
I went out late this afternoon to take a short walk in the sunshine and hopefully encounter HK. There were plenty of birds out and since the trees have now lost most of their leaves, eagle spotting should be somewhat easier. Indeed,  I counted 9 Great Blue Herons perched in the trees on the North Landing River. They are among my favorite birds and I am always happy to see them.

As I turned to retrace my steps, I did catch a glimpse of an eagle. Well, hello there, HK!

He promptly settled into a tree across the water from me.

After 10 minutes he flew about 50 yards down the river and perched on a rather thin branch of another tree. He seemed to just enjoy the quiet and the setting sun. I know I did. The entire encounter lasted about 20 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. A very peaceful close of a beautiful day. Well spoken Pam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam, It would be great if you could post some comparison pics of HK today and similar pose from two years ago! ~Chris

    ReplyDelete