HK Builds His Nest

HK Builds His Nest

Monday, December 2, 2013

Post for December 2, 2013

A short observation time today. Thank goodness there are so many folks interested in documenting HK's life now! I don't feel like I have to be out there all day, everyday. I heard that HK was up and about early and got a fish midday. I heard there are many more fish eating birds on the North Landing River. This would indicate to me that fishing is good! There were also reports of people fishing!
I checked a few places around the area where I had observed eagles but saw nothing. But then, as I headed down S. Independence Blvd., I could plainly see an eagle perched in a tower at the entrance to Honey Bee Golf Course.

As I drove into the parking lot, I saw 3 more photographers there, snapping away. And why not? The eagle was in beautiful light!

 The other photographers said the eagle had been there about 45 minutes already. So, it was no surprise that it left shortly after my arrival. After the take off, we were able to determine by the bands that it was HK.  Such an amazing experience being with eagle lovers and their big guns!

After HK flew, I tried to locate him again. I drove to the school where he's been seen before and arrived just in time to see him take off and land in a tree back towards S. Independence Blvd. again.

Then, I headed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment