HK Builds His Nest

HK Builds His Nest

Thursday, December 19, 2013

HK Feeling Flighty 12.19.13

I was so looking forward to encountering HK today! I had been away for a brief trip to Florida and needed an eagle sighting in the worst way! I was not disappointed! When I arrived, HK was perched in the eating tree, surrounded by countless Crows!

He didn't stay there very long. He flew to the river and when I caught sight of him again, he was flying with a fish in his mouth!

It was a rather small fish, which HK consumed rather quickly. Then he flew to another tree.

 Eventually, he flew to the river for yet another fish!

He flew around some more.

He landed again and hopped around a bit.
 

Then, coasted down into the water for a bath, and back to the tree to dry out.

He flew again.

Then landed once again, only to deal with those pesky Crows!
 
Great afternoon, HK! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment