HK Builds His Nest

HK Builds His Nest

Saturday, February 20, 2016

HK and a nice close up of a youngster

A beautiful, warm day in Virginia Beach today with temps in the 60's. As I drove into the Honey Bee area, I saw this sub adult perched on the golf course. It looked familiar.

But, I was searching for HK and after checking out some other locations, after an hour I found him on a tower at the Honey Bee entrance, across from the sub adult.

He left, after a short time.

And was relocated in his nest. Here he is hopping out to an adjacent branch.

I missed the departure.  So, I went over to Rosemont Forest School to see if any juvenile eagles were hanging out. I was not disappointed. This one landed in a tree not too far away.

It gave a 200 plus picture air show, before disappearing high up and circling up up and away with 2 adults and another juvie. Here's one photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment