HK Builds His Nest

HK Builds His Nest

Friday, February 19, 2016

HK dines and departs

I had some personal business to attend to today, so it wasn't until after 4pm that I was able to get to Honey Bee. I saw several photographers out on the S. Independence Bridge. They looked cold and I didn't want to be at the end of the line, so I drove to HK's nest area. Not seeing him there, I drove around the block, just in time to see him crossing a fairway of the golf course with a fish!

HK seemed to be making a bee line to the nest, so that's where I went. Sure enough, he was there, having fish for supper!

It didn't take long for HK to finish, so he went to an adjacent branch to "feak" his beak.

Then, HK went out a bit further. I just love it when he raises his beautiful wings!

He went out just a bit further to another branch, and gave all the photographers who had arrived from the bridge, an outstanding look at his stunning beauty. What a great moment!

Then, just as suddenly as he appeared, he was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment