HK Builds His Nest

HK Builds His Nest

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

HK and a visitor cavorting

I tried very hard to find a band on this visiting Bald Eagle that HK spent the better half of the day cavorting with.  That's HK on the right. Band visible.

At the height of a torrential downpour, these two exhibited mating behavior in HK's nest tree, and I saw them do this twice.

The federal silver band is generally on the right foot (Sterling's is) but I could not find one. HK's double bands are clearly visible.

Even when the eagle landed I could not see any bands. That's HK on the right.

This may have been the same adult eagle I had seen previously and I heard today from another photographer that they had observed one also. The eagle stayed in nest tree for over 2 hours, in the rain.

HK made 4 stick deliveries, including this one from across the golf course fairway.

I had to leave but returned later this afternoon, but the mystery eagle was not relocated.

No comments:

Post a Comment