HK Builds His Nest

HK Builds His Nest

Saturday, January 4, 2014

HK at the Osprey Nest plus HK takes a bath 1.4.14

I arrived at Honey Bee late today and knew I would only have about an hour of daylight. Fortunately, there was an eagle in the Osprey nest, dining on a fish, presumably. I was able to determine that it was HK.

After he completed the meal, HK hopped out onto the tower and cleaned his beak, a practice known as "feaking."

Then, he surveyed his surroundings for a moment.

And lifted gracefully off the tower, then dove towards the North Landing River.


Once on the ground he took a drink, then took a bath.

HK looked around another minute.

Then took off down the river and landed out of my sight in a tree.

The whole encounter was 7 minutes. However,  I stayed another 50 minutes, hoping HK would return to my location, but he did not.  I left him perched along the river in the setting sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment