HK Builds His Nest

HK Builds His Nest

Monday, January 6, 2014

HK before the big freeze 1.6.14

I needed to get out earlier today as we are expecting a huge drop in temperatures here in VA Beach. It was 63 degrees and very overcast when I arrived at Honey Bee at 9:15am this morning. But, no eagles! At least not at first. I drove around for 20 minutes until I finally spotted one on a tower on S. Independence Blvd.  I pulled up and even without my camera, it was obviously HK with his bling showing.

He didn't stay long, lifting off after a lady walking her dog got too close.

But, he gave us both a great flyby.
 I took a chance and stopped by the nest. Good decision!

He moved some sticks around and hopped around as if to say," Look at how big my nest is!"

He stepped out on a branch, usually indicative of leaving.
 
Which he did, just as the rain began. I hope he found some companionship and some shelter.
Total encounter time: 45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment