HK Builds His Nest

HK Builds His Nest

Sunday, January 5, 2014

HK on 1.5.14: In the nest and out and about

I arrived at Honey Bee just before 3pm,  riding through the neighborhood looking for eagles. I picked up one flying over the golf course in the vicinity of HK's nest. On a hunch I drove there. Another photographer was already there and more pulled in behind me. HK was in the nest.

I had to get out of my car to get a photo (something I'd rather not do), but other photographers were already out. This is HK in the nest, not much cropping. His nest is getting big!

 He didn't stay long and flew to the Osprey nest tower, and we faithfully followed.

He flew unexpectedly down to the golf course.

He flew down the course a bit.

And landed in one of his favorite Cypress trees.

I watched for a while and left about 5pm. Total encounter time about 2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment