HK Builds His Nest

HK Builds His Nest

Thursday, January 9, 2014

January 9, 2014

I arrived at Honey Bee just at 8:45am. I could immediately see two eagles and my heart started racing. The first was in the Osprey nest tower. The other was a tree at the first tee.
The one in the tower flew before I could get my camera out, so I studied the one in the tree directly across from where I was parked. It was HK.

He flew after the first eagle, which I strongly suspect was the banded female.

I played a hunch and drove to the nest. I was just in time as he was approaching with a branch.

He dropped that off and left.

I moved away from close to the tree, but to where it was still visible. HK did not return.

Turns out all that work made him hungry.

After he finished eating, he dropped down for a drink.
 
Then, HK took off and so did I.

Total observation time: 2 hours, 35 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. I so enjoy and appreciate your updates. It's nice having local action going on and being documented.

    ReplyDelete